Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Sample This: M.I.A paperplanes

M.I.A is doing it big with her single Paper Planes having chart success around the world, being featured in the Award Winning film Slumdog Millionaire as well as performing the song with hiphop heavyweights Jay Z, Kanye West, T.I and Lil Wayne at the 2009 Grammys.

But how many people would know that she based the chorus on the 90s rap hit Rumpshaker by Wrexx n Effect? you probably would if you grew up in the early-mid nineties. I remember this song because the Gumur House (green house) war cry from high school was based on this song.

Anyway here is a remix/mash-up of the two songs I found on Youtube.

M.I.A. - Paper Shaker: Filthy Rich Vs. DFA Mix


And here are the two singles.
M.I.A. PAPER PLANES



WRECKX-N-EFFECT - RUMPSHAKER

No comments:

Post a Comment