Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Day in the Life

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. ~Mark Twain

My grandfather or bubu man as I call him, passed on today. He went knowing that it was his time to go,even having a small lotu before he died. He was to a lot of people many things but to me he was inspirtational, full of life experience, wise, strong, fearless, adventurous and full of bounce-never letting his age stop him from doing what he wanted.

He had seven children, could count and and name his grandchildren,recite any verse from the bible and he was always impecablly dressed unless he was at home.

My fondest memories of him would be the sabbath school song he taught us when I was 5or so and the way he ended all his prayers -something I took on and still do when I pray.

While I wish he would have hung on a little bit longer to see me and my son at the end of the year, I feel at ease knowing that he left at peace with the world.

I'll miss him greatly

No comments:

Post a Comment