Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The OTHER Avatar

There are those of you who will be familiar with the popular Avatar: the Legend of Aang(The Last Airbender) cartoon series that screens daily on Nickelodeon. This is one of the few kiddie/tween animations that I watch (and wish I could follow if I had time) and enjoy. With numerous animation-real life adaptaions that have been undertaken in the last five years, I am eager to see how this translates on the big screen.

I spotted the trailer over on youtube. Titled The Last Airbender, it is Directed by M. Night Shyamalan (I had to go back and make sure I spelt it right lol and features what looks to be an unknown cast but includes Dev Patel (Slum Dog Millionaire) as the arche nemisis Zuko. I would have loved to see a few more asians casted in the lead roles (seeing as the animated charecters are asian) but we'll see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment