Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Throwback track


I really don't have a theme for today's entry. After last night's escapade which involved alcohol and wandering Courtenay Pl my feet hurt and my brain is still in first gear. Note to self- walking in 4 inch heals for more than 100m is a VERY bad idea. But I digress.

I am still on my Common and J.Holiday trip, I can't get enough of either of them right now. I found CD I burned a year ago with Common's "retrospect for life" song on it. This track is a gem and features Lauryn Hill on vocals (she also directed the video). I had no idea there was a video for this but as per usual YOUTUBE came through for me. I give it a 10/10 for lyrical and relevant content. The song was released in 1997 on Common's third album entitled One Day It Will All Make Sense and samples Stevie Wonder's "Never dreamed you'd leave in summer" as well as "a song for you" by Donny Hathaway.


Retrospect For Life Lyrics