Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Max Fashions

Describing their Spring/Summer 07/08 collection "feminine and eclectic", Max Fashion's new line is now available in it's New Zealand shops with some pieces yet to be released (November at the latest). Browsing through their collection online I found myself drawn to the bright red berry satin dress that greeted me while the site loaded. I tried to be objective and pick a variety of pieces, but what caught my eye were their dresses with only one top n short outfit finding favour with me.

1. Seville print dress $129

2. Georgie strapless dress $129


Their spring/ summer line contained a lot of blues, blacks, greys, whites and reds with various floral prints.The dresses and skirts were very feminine with an 80s/70s/60s feel about them i.e. loose and flowing knee to above the knee length dresses and high waisted skirts while their pants and shorts were boyish i.e. the news paper boy shorts. My disappointment was that they played it safe with black still dominating their palette and that several of the darker pieces were not available in other colours.

3. Taylor Chiffon Tunic $99

4. Leuella Satin dress with gathered detail $129 (available in berry and silver)

5. brown pin stripe chiffon top $89 & brown pinstripe long short $89
note. I think the top is hot but I would loved to have seen it in another bright colour to really make it pop

Here are some tid bits about Max Fashions
-Max is a New Zealand owned company that was founded by David Wright in 1985
-their ranges come out every week
-they cater from size 6 to 16
-price range is $49 up

No comments:

Post a Comment