Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Past year experience and New Year perspectives

Every New Year I try to assess what sort of year I had and I look forward
to plotting a new course for myself for the year to come. My father always encouraged my siblings and I to make plans and set goals for ourselves and over the years I have found this to be a useful tool not only for doing little things like saving for a pair of shoes but also for doing big things like helping me to stay focused on graduating from university.

However life in itself is unpredictable and our best-layed plans cannot prepare us for things like falling in love and accidents. 2008 was for me a roller coaster with which I underwent several waves of profound change that altered the way I had envisioned my life. One bachelor's degree and beautiful baby boy later I am on my way to preparing and planning for what will no doubt be a year that will test my adaptability, tolerance and resilience.

I've come to realise that while plans and goals give us a sense of direction and focus in our lives, it is also vital that we have be able to adapt and change to suit and deal with circumstance and situations. It is our ability to change and cope with things that will undoubtedly determine how we survive. This is the lesson I am taking away from 2008.

Happy New Year to you all and may 2009 hold for each of us success, happiness and memories that will last a life time.

Cheers
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment