Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Nesian Mystik



Nesian Mystik has to be one of my favourite New Zealand music acts. Their music is a unique blend of island sounds, hiphop beats and smooth RnB vocals, ranging from conscious songs to feel good music.

They released their third album titled Elevator Music back in October 2008 and have already had hits with the first two singles Nesian 101 (which reached #1 on the NZ Charts) and Dancefloor (which reached #10).

Their third single Mr Mista featuring Che Fu is the single that caught my attention for the simple fact that it is simple yet not too cheesy sounding conscious track that draws (in my opinion) parallels to my own desire (which I'm sure is a sentiment that I share with other Papua New Guineans of my generation) to be a positive contributor to my country/PNG society to effect some change (however overly optimistic that may sound). Besides that, it is a good piece of laid back music so check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Not a very nice thing to achieve these days.



    artist

    ReplyDelete